Improve Movement, Improve Life
The Feldenkrais Method® was developed by the renowned movement educator, Judo master, author and physicist, Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais. His work has been used worldwide for over 60-years to improve recovery from physical and neurological injuries, increase learning ability, and enhance athletic performance. Feldenkrais’ mastery of Judo gave him a deep understanding of how to move powerfully and gracefully, while maintaining balance and presence. He combined this understanding with keen observations of the developmental process infants go through in order to learn how to control their movements, stand and walk. How we learn, how we can change, and how we can develop our potential, is the essence of his work.
“The aim [of the Feldenkrais Method] is a person that is organized to move with minimum effort and maximum efficiency, not through muscular strength, but through increased consciousness of how movement works.”-Moshe Feldenkrais, PhD
Feldenkrais sessions can help you become more flexible, balance better, walk easier, and reduce chronic pain, as well as producing a feeling of calm and self harmony. Private Feldenkrais sessions usually combines hands-on support and guidance with movement lessons tailored to your specific needs. Enhancing you awareness and the ability to feel or sense how you use your body, is an important part of the session. This ‘awareness’ creates inner body knowledge that helps you recognize how you may be limiting your potential, and becomes a stepping stone towards learning healthier, more functional, and more graceful alternatives.
- Balance/Fall Prevention: Balance depends on accurate sensory integration from the visual, vestibular, kinesthetic & touch senses. Learn exercises that Stimulate Your Senses, and Sharpen Reflexes to improve balance and prevent falls.
- FEET-Gateway to Stability & Power: Each time you take a step, your foot absorbs an impact of 1.5x body weight. If feet can’t dampen impact and stabilize your body your balance suffers and injuries and pain can result. Discover how to Wake-Up, Mobilize and Strengthen your Feet and improve balance, stand more erect and walk easier.
- Trekking Poles for Walking, Hiking & Fitness: Learn ‘correct’ use of trekking poles:
–Improve Power and Endurance Going Uphill
-Protect Knees Going Downhill
-Improve Balance and Control on Uneven Terrain
-Increase Lower and Upper Body Strength
- Back Care: Learn what you need to know about recovering from back injury, reducing chronic pain, and preventing re-injury. Develop core strength, spinal flexibility; learn how to use your body more efficiently so you can resume you favorite activities or return to work.
- Parkinson’s: The nervous system has the capacity to reconfigure itself (neuroplasticity) and reduce some PD symptoms. By reinforcing pathways in the nervous system not affected by PD, some functions can be recovered to give you improved control of movement (see article below).
- Multiple Sclerosis: Learn how to move smarter, conserve energy, relax deeply (see article below).
Articles by Ernie Adams:
- The Feldenkrais Method & Parkinson’s Disease (2014)
- The Feldenkrais Method and Multiple Sclerosis (2002)
- Get Stronger Without Getting Hurt (2015)
- Single Session: $130
- 6-Sessions: $700
- 10-sessions: $1100
- Home Visits: $160 (local area)
- Outdoor Sessions: $140 (improve walking, balance, learn how to use trekking poles)
Fees non-refundable, yet transferable with permission.
Cancellation Policy: 24-hours notice, or $50 charge applied.
No-shows: Full Fee Charged
HOW TO PAY: I prefer Checks, yet if necessary you can prepay for the session with a Credit Card:
- CHECK: Pay to Ernie Adams, 1655 San Benito St., Richmond CA 94804
- CREDIT CARD/PayPal (processing fees will be added): See BUY NOW button below:
INFORMATION: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ 510-629-9223 (Voicemail/No Text)
LOCATION: Mind Body Dojo, 7512 Fairmount Ave., El Cerrito, CA 94530